Lords and Villeins, a medieval pixel art colony simulator developed by Honestly Games and published by 1C Entertainment, launches into Early Access Thursday, September 30, via Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store, and other digital stores. The Early Access price is set at $19.99 USD / €19.99 EUR with a 15% launch discount available during the first week.
A light-hearted city-building strategy simulation set during medieval times, Lords and Villeins has noblemen and ladies develop family dynasties. Help them evolve and interact while building their homes, farms, and workshops. Assign villagers different tasks, duties, taxes, expand the production chain, train an army for the king, and craft a unique story of a medieval lord.
The Early Access version of Lords and Villeins includes the majority of the core mechanics present in the upcoming 1.0 release including a number of peasant zones and professions to develop production chains of more than 90 resources ranging from food and commodities to building materials and equipment, four domesticated animals to tame and care for, character customization for the ruling family, and highly developed AI capable of simulating whole families of medieval peasants at once.
- 70+ objects at your disposal to build, decorate and improve the settlement
- Nearly 20 different zones and professions for villagers to perform and managed by the feudal lady or lord
- 90+ resources to be used in a fully functional production chain
- Unique family-management perspective where the lady or lord negotiates with groups of villagers through the head of their families
- Fully simulated procedurally generated environment with a complex AI that can create relationships and develop character traits
- Various domesticated animals villagers can tame, feed and take care of
- An immersive world where ladies and lords are a part of the bigger picture: Collect taxes from villagers to secure reserves, maintain the balance, and make your duties to pay the royal tax imposed on your land
- Visually distinct seasons with a soundtrack inspired by seasonal themes, with future updates already in the works to include simulations of weather conditions, temperatures, and soil quality
Lords and Villeins releases on Steam Early Access on Thursday, September 30, 2021. For more information, check out the game’s official website, wishlist it on Steam, visit the official 1C Entertainment website, like its Facebook page, follow @1C_Company and @lordsvilleins on Twitter.